Last updated: November 2021
Pikolinos USA, Corp. (“Pikolinos”, “we”, “us,” “our”) is committed to protecting individual privacy and maintaining the trust of users to our website (collectively, “Customers”). It is important to us that we provide transparency regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. This includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. We refer to this information as “personal information” throughout this policy.
Pikolinos' Website includes certain features, including e-commerce features, hosted by Salesforce.com, Inc. on the Salesforce platform (salesforce.com), and a single sign-on feature using social networking accounts, such as a Facebook account, or a Website account/profile. Your personal and non-personal information may be stored by Salesforce.com, Inc.and/or the relevant social networking site, and those sites' privacy policies may apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal and non-personal information.
This Policy describes how we use, share, and protect the information of Customers who use our Website. It also describes the rights and and correction of personal information available.
For the purposes of data protection laws of the United States (“US”) and the European Union (“EU”) (“Data Protection Laws”), Pikolinos is a data controller (i.e., the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal information).
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information You Provide Us
When you interact with our Website you may voluntarily provide us with personal information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card number, and other financial or payment information, and order history and order details
You may provide this personal information to us when you contact us, create an account with us, inquire about careers with us, or request information about our Website. You may provide this personal information to us directly or through third-party identity verification services or social media.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply. We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Website.
We may also collect personal information. Personal information is being collected from you. Pikolinos will disclose the purposes of collecting your personal information accordingly. Pikolinos will only use your personal information for the purposes for which is has been collected from you.
Information Collected via Technology and Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. To make our Website more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which may vary from session to session), and/or a date/time stamp for your account signup/login.
We may use third-party analytics and other tracking mechanisms to track Customers. These tracking mechanisms may automatically collect information about your use of the Website.
- Essential website cookies – Essential website or strictly necessary cookies are used to provide services available through our Website and to use some of its features, such as accessing secure areas.
- Functionality/Session – These cookies contains information that is stored in a temporary memory location and then subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed. This cookie stores information that the Customer has inputted and tracks the movements of the Customer within the Website. These cookies allow our Website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or region) and allow us to provide enhanced personalized features. The functionality/session cookie will be deleted when the expiration date is reached or when a Customer or application manually deletes it.
- Technical cookies: These cookies make navigating the Site more fluid user-friendly, as well as providing it with greater security. For example, they allow a registered user’s session to be identified.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow information to be obtained geared to statistical analysis of the use made of the site by visitors. For example, they provide information on what search terms were used by users to reach the website.
- Targeting or Advertising – These cookies are designed to gather information from you on your device to display advertisements to you based on relevant topics that interest you.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow the management of existing advertising spaces on the page so that users can be offered advertising content in accordance with their browsing habits and preferences.
2. HOW PIKOLINOS COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable Data Protection Laws, we collect personal information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- Access or use our Website;
- Place an order with us using our Website;
- Create an account with our Website;
- Complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, post on any forums, download information such as white papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear within our Website;
- Interact with us using social media;
- Provide your contact details to us when registering to use or access any services we make available or when you update those details; and
- Contact us or otherwise connect with us, online or offline.
We will also collect your personal information where you only partially complete and/or abandon any information inputted into our Website or other online forms and may use this information to contact you to remind you to complete any outstanding information and/or for marketing purposes.
We may also collect personal information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications you or use to access and use our Website (for example, we may collect the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browsing history and your web log information) and we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies or similar tracking technologies (as described in above).
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY PIKOLINOS
In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. To the extent permissible under Data Protection Laws, we use your personal information to:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- to remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our Website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our Website;
- to send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we send you;
- to understand how you use our Website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our Website; and improve our Website;
- to operate and improve upon our business activities; to maintain our records; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law; and
- to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; and address legal and regulatory compliance.
Pikolinos may send you emails and/or text messages via SMS about the Website store, new products and other marketing communications and updates about our company’s products, but you may opt out of receiving these emails and text messages.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Pikolinos may disclose your personal information to protect or enforce Pikolinos’s legal rights and policies, to protect or enforce the legal rights of a third party, or as Pikolinos reasonably believes is required by law (such as to comply with a subpoena or court order).
Pikolinos may use third parties to provide certain services or features on the Website, including but not limited to Salesforce.com, Inc.and third parties who help Pikolinos provide, maintain and improve the Website and Pikolinos’s products and services. Pikolinos may disclose your personal information to such third parties. Pikolinos has no control over how third-party vendors collect or use your personal information and these third-party vendors may have terms, conditions and privacy policies that differ from this Policy.
Pikolinos may disclose your personal and non-personal information to its own affiliates, including but not limited to, Pikolinos Intercontinental and S.A. and Pikolinos, S.L. for marketing, advertising, and demographic analysis.
Pikolinos may disclose non-personal information, in aggregate form that is not expressly associated with your personal information, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others.
5. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pikolinos follows generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information transmitted through the Website. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic data storage can be guaranteed to be secure. While Pikolinos strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, Pikolinos cannot guarantee absolute security.
Pikolinos is not responsible for the actions or omissions of third parties (including but not limited to third parties who access or attempt to access your personal information without Pikolinos’s consent and authorization). Pikolinos is not liable or responsible for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access (such as hacking), other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond Pikolinos’ reasonable control.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Website to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them);
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
7. CHILDREN AND MINORS
The Website is intended for adults only. Pikolinos will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 18. In addition, Pikolinos will delete any information in Pikolinos’s database that Pikolinos knows originates from a child under the age of 18.
Children under the age of 13 are expressly prohibited from using the Website.
8. YOUR CHOICES
You may provide us with instructions on what to do with your personal information. You have a choice and control over your personal information. Where we need to collect personal information and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may have to close your account and/or block your access to the Site. Since your choices and instructions may result in loss of access to the Website, please review your options carefully.
If you do not want to receive promotional, marketing, or other communications from Pikolinos or its affiliates, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each email communication or by emailing us at email@example.com
9. PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we may have shared and sold your personal information, the categories of personal information we have disclosed and sold about you in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information in the preceding 12 months. If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), to opt out of sales of personal information and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
California consumers may make a rights request by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address, name and account ID (which is required only if you already have an account with us). Only you or an authorized agent may make a verifiable rights request related to your personal information. The verifiable rights request must provide sufficient information and documentation to allow us to verify that you (or an authorized agent) are the person about whom we collected personal information. We will not provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and/or authority to make the rights request and confirm the personal information belongs to you or the represented individual. Making a rights request does not require you to create an account with us. We use personal information provided in a verifiable rights request solely to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our response to the email address for that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our response by US mail or electronically at the email address in your request, at your option. All disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable rights request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable rights request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
In the last 12 months, Pikolinos has not sold personal information to any third party.
10. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
11. CHANGES TO POLICY
This Policy is subject to change at any time. Changes to the Policy will be posted on the Website. Pikolinos will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you by email of changes to the Policy that are reasonably material. Pikolinos’s failure to notify you of any changes to the Policy will not affect any rights, liabilities or obligations of Pikolinos. You should periodically review the Policy on the Website to determine whether there are changes to the Policy that you deem to be material.
PIKOLINOS USA, CORP.
6701 NW 7th Street
Miami, FL 33126